Slow Cooker Baked Potato Soup
What you need:
• 4 lg. baked potatoes
• 2/3 c. butter
• 2/3 c. flour
• 6 c. milk, whole or 2%
• 3/4 tsp. salt
• 1/2 tsp. pepper
• 4 green onions, chopped
• 12 slices bacon, fried and crumbled
• 2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
• 1 c. (8 oz.) sour cream
Slow Cooker Baked Potato Soup is a great recipe to use up those left over baked potatoes.
1. Cut baked potatoes in half. Scoop out pulp and put into a small bowl.
2. Melt butter in large kettle. Add flour. Gradually stir in milk. Continue to stir until smooth, thickened, and bubbly.
3. Stir in potato pulp, salt, pepper, and three quarters of the onion, bacon and cheese.
4. Cook until heated. Stir in sour cream.
5. Transfer to slow cooker on Low.
6. Top with remaining onions, bacon, and cheese.
Note: Take to any potluck, or serve on a buffet table, straight from the slow cooker.
Variation: Add several slices of Velveeta cheese to make the soup extra cheesy and creamy